A barrister and accountant, with over 20 years’ experience, Tim is an acknowledged leader in the healthcare sector, ranging from primary care to acute to care homes and is approached on many of the most difficult assignments in this sector.
He has worked extensively as an executive (Chief Restructuring Officer ("CRO"), Chief Financial Officer ("CFO")) in troubled businesses to successfully drive and deliver large-scale turnaround programmes. He has worked with a wide range of stakeholders including Regulators, NHS Trusts, PLC boards, banks, private equity sponsors, creditors and government departments.
Recent assignments include:
Board Advisor, Rotherham Foundation Trust
- See case study for full details
CRO of Southern Cross PLC, the largest UK care home provider.
- Agreed a 4 month standstill period with major creditors
- Oversaw the transition of 750 care homes to new operators;
Interim CRO/ CFO for a large distressed NHS Trust with turnover of £500m
- Delivered a £50m annual savings programme;
CRO/ CFO for a surgical services unit that was losing £2m per annum on turnover of £50m.
- In 7-months Tim addressed an immediate liquidity crisis, led the renegotiation of key contracts
- Improved underlying profitability by £3m per annum through an exit of non-core activities and a focus on improving the mix of the underlying business;
Prior to founding Bolt Partners LLP in 2005, Tim worked for Alvarez & Marsal (the US based restructuring firm), Accenture and Arthur Anderson. Key clients include: Tyco Fire & Security, Levi Strauss Europe and Unilever.
Tim has an MBA (with distinction) from Northwestern University (Kellogg) in the United States and has a Bcom/ LLB (hons) (University of Auckland). He is an ACA (ICAEW), a barrister and solicitor (New Zealand).