We offer extensive experience in working with organisations in ‘crisis’ situations, either as consultants or interim management. Characteristics of these situations include:
- Lack of cash coupled with severe creditor pressure
- Absence of robust financial and operational information upon which to make decisions
- Confusion or disagreements surrounding the best course of action for the business
- A breakdown in relationships with key stakeholders such as shareholders, lenders, employees or creditors
In these situations, we provide a full range of turnaround consulting and interim management services including:
- Cash management and liquidity services
- Developing and delivering turnaround/recovery plan
- Financial restructuring
- Stakeholder management
- Cost reduction and financial control
- Organisational redesign
- Change management and team building
We have a proven track record in critically reviewing companies and implementing highly successful turnaround solutions. To view an example case study, click here.
Cash management and liquidity services
Where cash is scarce and visibility over short-term liquidity is poor, we will take control by rapidly establishing short-term cash forecasts and implementing financial controls. As part of this process, we seek to identify and execute liquidity opportunities and generate ‘headroom’ to take more fundamental actions.
Developing and delivering turnaround/recovery plan
Bolt Partners LLP has extensive experience in rapidly diagnosing the key issues facing 'stressed' organisations and working with management, employees and key stakeholders to develop robust, practical turnaround plans.
Our teams combine strategic, financial, operational and programme management skills to produce and implement realistic turnaround solutions that address the key issues.
To view an example case study, click here.
Where the business is failing to meet the requirements of its financiers - or the existing capital structure fails to meet the needs of the organisation - financial restructuring is sought as a component of the turnaround solution.
We work with lenders, shareholders, and company executives to develop financial restructuring solutions that aim to support the long-term viability of the business, while balancing the short-term needs of all stakeholders.
For companies facing financial under-performance or crisis, there is a clear need for leadership to ensure expectations of all stakeholders are effectively managed.
Bolt Partners LLP has extensive experience of delivering this leadership by liaising between executive boards, company management, lenders, shareholders, government bodies, creditors, and other stakeholders.
We provide all parties with realistic and reliable status reports, prepare and present turnaround plans (devised in partnership with the client) and ensure everyone is kept abreast of key issues and away from any avoidable ‘surprises’.
Cost reduction and financial control
Taking control of the operational expenditure of an organisation is imperative in ensuring the stabilisation of the business, and putting it on the path to recovery.
We do this by:
- Reviewing financial controls
- Designing and implementing enhanced financial control measures
- Reviewing and restructuring procurement processes
- Reviewing staffing and recruitment procedures and tightening controls on spend
- Conducting commercial reviews of key contracts and renegotiating or exiting loss-making contracts
- Rationalising the supply chain
At Bolt Partners LLP, we use a proven methodology for rapidly assessing an organisation’s existing structure and working with the management team to redesign this structure to better support forthcoming commercial objectives.
After the design phase, we work with our clients to implement the restructure to ensure the projected benefits become reality.
Change management and team building
At Bolt Partners LLP, we carry a deep expertise in programme-managing different types of transformation to a business.
We do not stop just at changing the organisation structure, but create sustainable value through realigning processes, infrastructure, performance metrics and culture.